Monday, November 14, 2011

Random Update (11.13.11)

"I was happy, and then your sister threw a seafish at my Tv."
-Mitt Romney-


This weekend was a very calming one despite the number of psychologically disturbing movies watched. Let's see if I can name them all: Silence of the Lambs, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Inception, and an episode of that old Twilight Zone show. That actually does not sound like a lot. But it WAS. It is nice knowing why Silence of the Lambs gets all those compliments. It's a great film. Texas Chainsaw Massacre was straight up freaky in a "I don't understand the reasons for including scenes of bizarre dialogue and unwarranted screaming" sorta way. The plot is pretty much in the title, so that takes away a whiff of excitement while one watches it. Inception second round through was much better in that I knew what the heck was going on. I love knowing what's going on. It fools me into thinking the world is like a book or a math problem in that it can be better understood by objective analysis of a confined situation. That made sense, at least in my head. Anywho, some friends definitively won their first round matches this weekend. I imagine the Super Smash Bros. 64-man melee tournament bracket with the Nintendo characters replaced with BC students whose first and last names I know. They all fight to be closer friends of mine, but they don't know this. Lorena and Christine definitely won their matches by 1) being cool and 2) going beyond the college questionnaire of major, hometown, and things you do and onto more fascinating topics like the Christian Coptic Orthodox church, Puerto Rico, or music.


Things I did besides watch movies:
1) Football Game - We won 14-10 against NC State. It was nice to see the players all happy after a game for once. Next year... next year...
2) US men's soccer game, BC men's soccer game: real good fun to watch in the lounge with some amigos. Those amigos also won their first round matches.
3) Intramural Semifinals - we lost 2-0. I stayed after and played with some junior guys who were short a few players. We tied 3-3, I hit the post and had an assist. I really enjoyed both games. I've been playing central midfield, and I think I've been playing as good if not better than I ever have before. I need to look into club soccer...


"Stuff the ice chest"
-Mitt Romney-


 Newton in Fall

4 comments:

  1. Do your friends know that you a.) have a blog and b.) are putting them through a SSBM-style tourney bracket?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen Inception yet, but everybody says it's great.

    Congrats for the footbal game! And thanks to you now I know who Mitt Romney is! I can always learn something new here!

    You seem to like horror movies...I don't know how you sleep at night.

    Loved the pictures, WIll. Thanksgiving is coming...you must be very excited!

    Thanks for the update!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We like Ike! Groppen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you tell me why Luiza is not posting anymore?

    ReplyDelete