Monday, March 25, 2013

Random Update (3.25.13)

On Friday morning I sat down with Jennie, a senior who went to the school I'll be at in Barcelona. I get more excited to go each day, but it's also kinda weird that over half of my physical time at Boston College is already over. Actually, it's really weird. That afternoon I played soccer in the bubble for a little while, until getting kicked out around 5:00 PM by the stupid BC bubble staff even though no one was scheduled until 8:00 PM. And no one I mean no one was in there for us to bother by playing soccer. I don't want to talk about that. It gives me a headache. Anywho, I went back and took a shower, and then Lorena, Jim and I took the T downtown to Wilbur Theater to see Demetri Martin. He was hilarious. And we all got his book autographed after the show.

On Saturday I spent a few hours in the library with Lorena and her friend. She edited my short Spanish paper after I finished most of it. Then, it was off to Chipotle around 3:30 PM for a late lunch with Miguel and some other people. Around 5:00 PM, we played soccer again. It was a smaller group, maybe around 20 total. However, 7-8 varsity seniors came out to play and really stepped up the level of play. That was great. After 2 hours of soccer, I ran over to an acapella concert that a few friends of mine sing in. They are called The Acoustics. Best song of the night was "Creep" by Radiohead. The dude killed it. It was great. After getting back and showering, Jose and I went over to Voute, a residence hall on campus, so see some friends and enjoy some Venezuelan cooking. Fried cheese balls and empenadas. SO. GOOD. Also, my friend Nick played "Creep" on guitar which was awesome, too (Nick was my roommate last summer). After the cheese balls and guitar, Jose and I went off campus to one of his friend's apartments, where I got to practice speaking Spanish, which was great. I love opportunities like that. Also, Spanish music. Love that too. 

Sunday we had club soccer practice at night. And that morning I did laundry. I had a HUGE blister on my left foot that still hurts today (Monday). No soccer until after break, methinks. 

I still don't think it was real.

No comments:

Post a Comment