Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Random Update (5.8.13)

Exams are here. However, before (and perhaps, more importantly, during exams), it is nice to relax one's mind. Last Thursday BC put on "Modstock," the annual free school concert. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis visited, and it was pretty cool. The following Friday, a whole bunch of fellas and I went downtown to our favorite Brazilian steakhouse for an end of semester lunch. Boy oh boy was it good. After lunch, Alex and I took the T out to Maverick to a tiny little soccer shop called "Brazilian Soccer House" to look at new cleats. It is a small place, but they are fully stocked with every possible variety of jersey and footwear (old and new). It was this Friday that I fell in love. I have been wearing the old-school Adidas Copa Mundials for some time, now. And they are wonderful cleats. However, it was time for a change. So, I got these bad boys, and have been taking a study break every day to break them in.
The Nike's

He sings the chorus in, "Thrift Shop" by Macklemore (artist name is Wanz). If you have seen the music video, you know how much of a baller this guy is. 

The fellas

Now it is Wednesday. I got up a little before 8 AM, got some Dunkin Donuts (I really like dunking donuts in coffee...) and made my way over to Stokes Hall, the new, beautiful building on campus, to start studying for my remaining exams. Here's the schedule:

Tuesday 
Modern Physics: it went well... but definitely my hardest exam. Spent Saturday, Sunday, Monday dedicated to problem sets and textbook reading...

Friday
Navigating the Nation: Cityscapes and Countryside: my Spanish final, in Spanish, despite the class title which is in English. Seeing as it is a paper-heavy class, the final is merely an extended essay that broadly covers each artist and author over the semester. Should require a few hours preparation. Not too worried here.

Principles of Macroeconomics: It is non-cumulative! I am studying this now, actually. 

Monday
Western Cultural Tradition: same format as last semester's final. I also have two papers due in this class... might be a busy weekend!

Microeconomic Theory: Cumulative exam + problem set due at the start of the exam. Again... busy weekend...


No comments:

Post a Comment