Sunday, July 15, 2012

Random Update (7.15.12)

Friday was my last day of work, and it was really fun. Each day we go in different "crews" around to different areas of Boston. My last day I got to chill with Mark, Ogechi, Meredith, and Felix, all of whom I knew really well. We got to skip some all of the more monotonous car training, so we jammed out and hung out on the way there. The whole group did really well, in terms of raising money. Together we raised $1,368!
Fridays after work there is a ritual. Everyone goes to Kung Fu Garden, a hole-in-the-wall Chinese place in Chinatown to eat. It is also referred to as "KFG" and my personal creation "Kung Fu Panda". They have amazing scallion pancakes. So I said goodbye to some of the people I work with after having a good time eating good food. But it wasn't a last goodbye for everyone! Yesterday night I invited a nice group of guys and gals over to have some good food and good music. By the end of the night there were much more people than I imagined, because my house roommate Charae had also invited some of her friends! It was a nice way to say goodbye to Boston for the summer. I cooked a bunch of hotdogs and learned how to make a cork-screw-like hot dog by slicing diagonally around the dog. It cooks deliciously and crispy-ly throughout!
This morning everyone headed on home after a few hours of crashing on the couch watching The Iron Giant. This afternoon Nick, Sam, Dennis, Joe, and Amanda went bowling downtown. Tomorrow I'll be going to New Hampshire for a water park adventure, Thursday I head down to New Jersey, and Sunday I'll be in California!

No comments:

Post a Comment