Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Random Update (9.10.11)

Welcome to the second update; I know some of you are newly added to the list . But it's still the second update .


Classes are great . My schedule is really great, I like the times I have classes, the people I've met in them so far, and the teachers are very good . Let's do a late Friday night breakdown of the situation .


Physics: M W F class at 9, TH class at 3, M lab at 12
AP Physics from junior year (Mitchell) really helps . The class goes well with my calc class . Umm let's see nothing too too exciting, except I'm making friends with a guy named Matt who lives in my dorm . He plays Egyptian rat-screw like a champ, has a mustache, and speaks broken German...


Calc: M W TH F class at 10
Even though I've never taken Multivarible calc, AP Calc BC has also prepared me well . I always get to class last, coming from physics, so I don't know anyone too well in here yet .


Spanish: M W F at 11
I was worried that this would be a difficult class . As it turns out, I am slightly over-qualified, along with another girl from LA named Kassandra . We are basically the only freshmen and we have fun speaking Spanish out of class with other hispanic kids .


Western Cultural Tradition: T TH class at 1 to 2:50
The kids in this class are undoubtedly smart, although our pretentious nature gets annoying when big words get used unnecessarily . People I know slightly better than others in this class include the ONE other guy from Tennessee, named Cameron . We bond over out uniqueness . Also, there's Lea, with an accent over the "E" so it sounds like princess leah . She's from Switzerland and has a French accent and a boyfriend who's a junior . Also, Malia is a girl who's from Menlo Park .


And that's it for now . It's 3:45 in the morning on Saturday . I went downtown earlier with a few friends I recently met and that was fun . But staying in dorms and talking and laughing usually produces the same, if not more powerful, enjoyment effects in terms of laughter and human bonding/information exchange .


Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment