Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Random Update (9.19.11)

Hello once again, assorted family members !


I recently got up from my afternoon nap (~1-2:15) after having my Friday classes at 9, 10, and 11 (Physics, Calc, and Spanish respectively) . Everyone on my floor seems to be sleeping or away at the moment . So my dorm floor has about 30 guys . Jeff, my roommate, is talking on Skype at the moment; I keep thinking he's talking to me, so I turn around every once in a while, but in vain . Of course, when he actually IS talking to me, I wind up ignoring him . This amuses me to pieces . So more about my floormates . Jeff is 6ft tall and is one of the short ones . It's freaky how tall everyone is . We all share one bathroom, which stays in surprisingly good condition . Lots of guys play soccer . We had a fun little pick-up game last Sunday evening . As for origins, J.M. is from Argentina/Peru, Jose is from Puerto Rico, and everyone else is seems is from either Massachusetts, New York, or assorted small New England-type states . Although the "HIII OMG I'M AT COLLEGE WHAT'S YOUR NAME?!!??!?!?!?" phase has passed, everyone maintains a friendly and approachable attitude . Also, because my dorm is on Newton (a campus about 0.83 miles from main campus) we bond over waiting for the bus and frolicking in the green space in the afternoons .


This weekend should be awesome . Jeff and I (he's the goalie) have intramural soccer practice at 5, and then we're going downtown to a concert (Toro e Moi) . I've never heard of them either, should be fun, and free tickets are never bad . Saturday is the football game . Tailgate around lunch, then the game . Now that all us freshmen know how to cheer, we should be louder and less confused . Saturday evening is open, which means adventuring througout the city and/or BC campus with amigos . Or like, disucssing free will and relativity of time . I did that the other day . Soooo college . That's my and my friend Maria's catch phrase for those classic and slightly typical "college" moments . We were going to go to surfing lessons on Sunday morning, but that was full so we're going to go next Sunday instead .


It's now 3:30 . I've been typing this email rather sporadically for the last 45 minutes . Well, I'm off to find soccer games and have some fun . By the way, Luke, I'm digging the blog . 


Hasta luego, I miss you guys

No comments:

Post a Comment