Saturday, October 29, 2011

Random Update (10.29.11)

Hello everyone. I've been really busy with midterms during the past two weeks. Hopefully y'all enjoyed the pictures.


Last week was probably the most stressful so far. Monday is always really long. I start out with five (5) hours of classes, from 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM. Then I have three (3) hours to crash and pretend to do work, because at 5:15 PM I grab the T to go to Jackson Mann elementary school and tutor English with a service group called 4Boston. That takes ~4 hours. Then I have a group reflection immediately after from 9:30 PM to 10:30PM. Needless to say, Mondays give me headaches.


Tuesday's, however, are very relaxing. I wake up around 9:00 AM and do laundry, while completing any reading for honors seminar which I have at 1:00 PM. Class was interesting, but I couldn't help but look out the window every once in a while. I swear, the leaves changed from green to dark red in two hours. But sleep deprivation might have contributed to that analysis. In any case, I was inspired to go running, and what a nice run it was. Running clears my mind of stress and allows me to focus on doing a number of other tasks. Such as building salt shaker towers, reading physics textbooks, and analyzing the book of Samuel and Ruth.


Wednesday was very normal. Three classes, nothing in the evening or afternoon. I had a nice siesta.


Thursday: Calculus test, which I thought was really easy. At night, I had my last CERT class
(Community Emergency Response Team). I've been taking these on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 7:00 PM to 9:30 PM throughout October. Thank goodness that's overover. IT SNOWED! But it had been raining, so nothing stuck to the ground.


Friday: Spanish test was ok, then I played 2v2 soccer with Jose for an hour or so. It was cold and fun. A group of folks embarked to Boston to purchase costumes around 4:00. Alex, the Brazilian who dislikes direct photos, and I got separated from the other seven (7) people and found a good and pretty cheap costume store. He is Charlie Chaplin. I am a priest. With a beard. And a whistle. It is my sin whistle, and I blow it when I see sin.


Today I got up and worked out. I'm getting into a nice groove. Every other day I go running and lift some form of weights. The running consists of a 20 minute or so warm up running around town, followed by 5 minutes of glory on the treadmill. After the run, I cool down, stretch, and pretend to bench and do curls. Later tonight I'm going to see Paranormal Activity 3.


Good niiiiiiiight ding ding ding ding ding

2 comments:

  1. You are really a busy college student. Sounds like you are getting involved in the Boston community. We are very proud of you. Love Gm & Gp

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you are very brave to see Paranormal Activity 3! I wouldn't sleep at night!

    Running seems to work with you, that's good!

    I wanna see a picture of you guys with your costumes. I'm trying to imagine you as a priest.

    Keep updating, Will!

    ReplyDelete