Monday, June 11, 2012

Random Update (4.2.12)

I've been on quite a few highs this weekend and past week. I got back my physics test from last Thursday, and it turns out I aced it. That was freaking sweet. Friday night I went to the 50th floor of Prudential center with (edited's) sister's boyfriend, Greg, and his mom. There was a gathering of auditory doctors and equipment for a large conference they were holding. This makes more sense if I tell you Greg is studying auditory something-or-the-other at Syracuse. It was a clear night and from the top we could see Gasson Hall (the central and always lit building on campus) seven (7) miles away on BC campus. That was freaking sweet. Saturday involved recovery running, ping pong, basketball, and at last a gathering of children (the guys I'm rooming with next year + respective lady cohorts) in the quad before Newton Prom, a freshman event/dance that night. The whole night was great, unfortunately two of my favorite people, Pat (direct roommate next year) and Laura had to leave rather suddenly after getting to the event because the latter fell ill and the former is a gentleman.


Sunday was the greatest Sunday of the year. On Thursday friend Ben mentioned that the band Dispatch was filming a new music video in Rhode Island all Sunday, and said he could drive anyone up who wanted to go. I, of course, emailed the band to confirm my attendance (which was later confirmed), and we (Ben, Ben's friend Sam, and I) left on Sunday morning at 10:15 AM. After an hour drive in Ben's grandma's Honda Civic, we dismounted and fenagled our way into some rather important scenes! It really came down to pretending to know what we were doing around a group of excited, but confused, fans/extras. We met all three members (Brad Corrigan, Pete Heimbold, and Chad Urmston) and even shared a few cans of Arnold Palmers after lunch with Bradiggan (the first's nickname). After filming all but one of the scenes, Dispatch performed four (4) songs, including "Bang Bang" and "The General". It was a day to be remembered. We left at 7:00 PM.


Ben (left), Sam (center), and me (right) all in the Sparkler shop selling sparklers to the other extras for one of the scenes. The music video was western-style, if you're curious.

No comments:

Post a Comment