Monday, June 11, 2012

Random Update (5.1.12)


School is almost over. Study-days begin this Friday and my first exam is on next Tuesday. My last final is on Saturday the 12th. I actually only have two finals. However, I have two research papers and a normal paper to do within the next week. It's a lot of work, and instead of being with people I won't be seeing for 3.5 months, I will necessarily be stuck in a library or my room reading, writing, and ruing. But, I can't really complain too much. Last weekend was really great, in a sort of boring way. Some folks saw last weekend as the last weekend to "go out". So shananigans occured. I, however, was unaware. On Friday afternoon I haphazardly organized pickup soccer, which I'm getting better at with practice. I'll miss Newton campus next year because the convenient soccer field will be long gone. Usually we get a good little 7v7 game going. Friday night I hung out in the quad (4-person dorm on my floor) and played Balderdash with Pat and 4-5 other friends. I had just had a week of tests and papers and homework, so the laughs and friends were greatly appreciated. On Saturday I played paintball with the guys from Freshman League, a first-year club for guys to go do fun stuff. This activity fit that description. I got to hang out with Jeff, for once! We have bizarrely busy and opposite schedules, so any time together is celebrated with feast and festival. You'd think that living in the same room would mean lots of interaction. But you'd be wrong, of course. Saturday afternoon, after paintball, I went with (edited) and Gina to see "A Midsummer Night's Dream", a BC theater department production. The play was Bollywood inspired. As it so happened, (edited) and I had ordered lots of Indian food from this delivery Indian restaurant called Curry House right before the play. She pointed out how cultured I was becoming. I pointed out how much I love naan. On Sunday morning I left to meet Kei Masuda for lunch at Harvard Square. I had told my friends that the first thing Kei would say would be something about my height. I was correct! I'm a prophet! He walked me around campus and showed me his dorm while we talked about lots and lots of things. We learned that we are both staying in Boston for part of the summer, so hopefully we'll hang out more soon. Also, Harvard is really stunning. There is no reason not to want to go there. Here are some random photos!

 Gasson in the Spring. iPhones take good photos.

 Kei and I on top of the science building. It was quite the view up there. And it was a really nice day, to boot.

 The famous 'Newton Bus Burger'. It has two cheeseburgers, onion straws, lettuce, tomatoes, mozzarella sticks, bacon, and ketchup. So. Darn. Good.

No comments:

Post a Comment