Monday, June 11, 2012

Random Update (5.11.12)


This is the last update of freshman year. Everyone's year ends next Tuesday, and mine is officially over once I upload my Spanish paper on Saturday. During finals week, people tell themselves two things: 1) I need to study 2) My test is in X hours, I need to study, where X is less than eight (8) (you don't say that last bit. or this parenthetical statement). Thankfully I only had two exams. And quite honestly, the majority of the work in those classes had been done already. For Western Cultural Tradition, I had just finished a big research paper the previous week, and for Physics I had studied a lot for the previous tests so it was mostly just recall.
Newton Campus in Spring. iPhones have nice cameras.

It's bittersweet, and I usually like to either pick bitter or sweet. The two together is just... too confusing. I'm talking about the way summer hits you. Sweet in the end of school stress, bitter in the departure of an enormous support group of young people. If you don't let change happen, however, you're doing something wrong. There are ways to get around the absence of Boston College, such as Skyping its students, going to Radiohead concerts with its students, and of course, texting its students. Also, reuniting with long lost family members is required. That will occur at the latest on my birthday and continue in the month of August.
I've played a lot of soccer this week. It helps me relax and concentrate. And the varsity field is gorgeous.

Let's get a nice review of how school is going. I love my Spanish classes, and I'm definitely doing a Hispanic Studies minor (might do a major). My honors class was ok; the discussions were dry some days; the papers were good learning experiences though. I picked out a better (at least more interesting) teacher for next fall. Physics was very ok. At the moment I am continuing it, although majoring in Physics I will not be. The ratio of how much I like Physics to how much a strain the major requirements would put on my schedule was not favorable. So as it stands, I am looking to minor in Physics. Because I like it, but I want to go abroad for a full year and study other things besides Physics. Finally, I will be taking two Economics classes next fall, and it looks like Economics will be my major, if the classes go well. Economics sounds interesting, upperclassmen have enjoyed it, and the requirements are reasonable. We shall see how this goes.

I think I like this college thing. As for now though, it's time to enjoy a nice, long summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment