Monday, June 11, 2012

Random Update (1.31.12)

1/12 of the year is already gone. 

Sunday: went to sleep at 4::30 AM, woke up at 9:30 and wrote my essay until a little after 11:00. Then I caught the 11:30 bus to mac and met Charae to run with her to work while she rode her bike. We got to the mall early and walked around, looking for a present for Matt's new bro, Constantine. After her work started, I ran to B&N and bought, quite fittingly, a book called 'Running and Philosophy'. Then I ran to Super Cuts and got s haircut. Actually I got them ALL cut. The woman's name was Fiona, I believe. She is from Montevideo, Uruguay, and we spoke in Spanish and became friends. Next I ran back to main campus and took a bus back to Newton. I lifted weights and did core, showered, and stuffed myself silly at Stuart dining hall because my calorie intake was way too low for the amount of mental and physical activity I experienced. I went to my room after eating and napped for an hour. I met Charae and others at Mac dining hall for dinner, and then Charae and I met Matt at Bapst Library to do some hardcore hw. It was truly an awesome day.

Monday started by getting up at 7:45, then classes from 9 to 2 back-to-back-to-back-to-back, eating exorbitant amounts of food in punitive amounts of time, napping for 45 minutes, playing ping pong for half an hour, going to 4Boston (community service) from 5 to 9, coming back, eating exorbitant amounts of food in reasonable amounts of time, talking with Garrett at dinner about life, whom I had been meaning to talk to for a while, then running down the hill to my dorm, throwing off all clothes, changing into soccer cleats and shorts and shirt, and running back up the hill with soccer-playing amigos on my floor to play our intramural game, which had a kickoff time of 11 PM. We lost, 0-1. I got back, showered, talked with Jeff, Christine, and Angela about housing for next year, and read some Dante's Inferno and finished neglected hw by 3:23 AM.

Today I woke up at 11:45, ate lunch, and went to class for two (2) hours. My friend Bamber got a 3v3 pickup game together, we played for thirty (30) minutes or so. Then I did my installment of marathon training (8 miles @ 7:30 pace) with added core and upper body stuff. Then I ate dinner. Twice. Now I type my blog. And in about thirty (30) seconds, I will jump in the shower and napping.

I justify my ridiculous days with the idea that someday I will miss everything here terribly. There is so much to do at Boston College!

No comments:

Post a Comment