Monday, June 11, 2012

Random Update (5.22.12)


Last weekend was very necessary. I thought about going up to Maine to hang out with Pat and Alex, but I really needed to clean my room, well actually house, and relax for a bit. Charae invited about ten (10) folks over for our friend Rachel's birthday, so Saturday night was a good time. I was just very happy to have organized my room. It was a mess, and I don't have a picture of it because I was angry at it inwardly. So basically after a cleanful and funful Saturday, I had a do-nothing Sunday. I mean, I did go running and go to the Plex because it was gorgeous, but basically I did nothing. I got ice-cream with Zach and Najee, two senyors living in Radnor at the moment. Funny story: Najee has seen M*A*S*H, is Lebanese, is from Toledo, and has had dinner with Jamie Farr. He wants to be a surgeon. Zach is a good bit shorter than I am, and he can dunk. That made me very motivated to increase my pathetic white-chico vertical leap. 

 Bed, rug, Dempsey, soccer ball. The bascis.

TV, Marilyn, and oodles of other stuff. The not basics. Well, you could make an argument for Marilyn.

Last Monday has nothing on today. It was my third time going out as field manager, and I was ready. We call it "F.M.-ing". Isn't that cute? I organized five (5) sets of streets in Newton Upper Falls for my team to canvass. This involves drawing maps of streets, finding 'renewal' cards for each person's set of streets, transporting everyone to the canvassing location, and then sending everyone off well-prepared with a goal. We started, of course, only after eating lunch at Bob's Subs. Bob makes good subs. Although I assume the Asian woman who made my sub was not, in fact, named Bob. So yeah, then after five (5) hours of walking around and talking to folks, we meet back up and I check-in with everyone. They tell me some basic numbers ($ raised, # of conversations, # of postcards signed, # of yeses) so I can quickly tell the folks in the office how our night went once we get back. I also was training a girl named Tyler the entire night, who also turned out to be a rising sophomore at Boston College. Anywho, the night went smoothly and well. My goal was to get an average of $175 per canvasser. We raised $875, so that was spot on. No annoying decimal places or anything. Oh, and I get paid on Friday! That's exciting and new

No comments:

Post a Comment